What Are The Benefits Of Buying A Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle?
If you're thinking of purchasing a used vehicle, you'll also need to decide between a traditional used and a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle. Both options offer excellent affordability compared to new inventory, but one has a slightly higher sticker price accompanied by increased peace-of-mind measures. Keep reading to learn more about different used cars and the benefits to Acura Precision Certified vehicles.
Acura offers two tiers of vehicle coverage in its award-winning Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program, including Acura Precision Certified Pre-Owned and Acura Precision Used
|Features||Precision Certified||Precision Used|
|Acura Model Years||2017-2022 vehicles||2012-2022 vehicles|
|Limited Warranty Coverage*||
|Acura Roadside Assistance||Yes||Yes|
|Oil Change||Your first scheduled maintenance is free. That includes an oil change and more.||One complimentary oil change within the first year of ownership|
|7-Day Exchange Policy||Yes||Yes|
|Acura Care||Eligible for purchase||Eligible for purchase|
|Trip Interruption Expense Reimbursement||Yes||Yes|
|AcuraLink®||AcuraLink® gives you access to interactive features and digital services like Automatic Collision Notification and Find My Car. Acura Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles with an authorized AcuraLink system are eligible for one or more 3-month trial-subscription packages.||No|
|Multi-Point Inspection Reports||182 Point Inspection||182 Point Inspection|
|Sirius XM||First 90 days||First 90 days|
Non-Powertrain Limited Coverage Includes:
• Fuel System
• Air Conditioning
• Cooling & Heating
• Audio & Navigation
• Window Regulators
• Safety Restraint System
• Door & Hood Hinges
*Disclaimer: For Powertrain Coverage under the Precision Certified program tier, coverage period in years begins from the original in-service date of the vehicle. On all Limited Warranties, miles are based on total odometer miles. For Precision Certified Non-Powertrain Coverage and all Coverage levels under Precision Used, the period begins on (1) the expiration of the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty, or (2) the date of sale if the vehicle was purchased after the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Learn more about warranty coverages, deductibles, and terms:VIEW WARRANTY INFO
Watch to learn more about Acura’s Certified Pre-Owned process and vehicles:
What Coverage Does Proctor Offer for Used Vehicles That Do Not Qualify for Acura Pre-Owned or Used Certification?
We sell used vehicles made by a large variety of manufacturers, not just Acura!
We can only certify Acuras, but still have great quality used cars by other makers
|Proctor Used Limited Warranty Benefits|
|Eligibility / Quality||Benefits / Coverage|
|Any Make, Model, Year or Mileage
(typically under 110k)
|Most of our used vehicles come with a dealer-backed
3 month / 3,000 mile limited warranty at no charge
Refurbished to varying degrees including: lube, oil and filter, wiper blades, tire alignment
Undergo multi-point inspection to ensure safety
|Covers engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axel, fluids & filters in connection with repair/replacement of a covered part*|
|No history of frame damage or air bag deployment||CarFax history included|
*See dealer for additional coverage details.
Why do Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles cost more
than traditional used vehicles ?
Acura Roadside Assistance
• Stringent manufacturer mandated requirements to qualify as Acura Precision Certified, including: Less than 6 years old, less than 80,000 miles, accident free, must pass 182- point inspection.
• Vehicles are refurbished to meet Acura’s criteria for Certified Vehicles.
• Certified Pre-Owned vehicles come with warranties backed by the manufacturer. Traditional used cars rarely have warranties, and if they do, it will be issued through the dealer or a third party.
• Certified Pre-Owned vehicles can redeem the benefits of their warranty at any authorized dealer, not just the dealer they purchased from. This is ideal if you travel or move.
• Can include extra technology, safety, and service perks from the manufacturer in the purchase price.
• Since the manufacturer has such extensive requirements for a vehicle to be certified, the manufacturer can offer very appealing financing (auto loan) options on CPOs that most used cars are not eligible for.
• Certified Pre-Owned vehicles may be found with financing incentives (low APR’s, flexible loan lengths) similar to those found on new car deals.
• Acura Precision Certified Vehicles have no deductible on warranty related service visits.